During this time of uncertainty we know we are not alone and can still come together through prayer and reflection. Whether individually, gathered as a family or as a worldwide virtual community of Catholics, our homes becomes places of worship and we know God is with us. Here are some resources to support you and your faith.
First and most importantly, reach out to those within our communities, especially those who are on their own. A simple phone call is a great way to feel closer to each and to the Lord other while remaining in our ‘bubble’.
While we cannot physically come together to celebrate Mass, you can attend virtually:
- Resources for personal reflection on Sunday for 25th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Children’s reflection
- Prayers in times of separation
- Join Cardinal John who is broadcasting Mass on his Facebook page.
- Join Pope Francis who is live streaming his daily Mass each evening.
- Celebrate with other dioceses around New Zealand – details found here.
The Archdiocese of Wellington is adding resources almost daily for people of all ages including children – so there is plenty to choose from:
- Archdiocese of Wellington homepage
- Archdiocese resources for an unusual time
- May edition of Welcom (also available as a PDF)
- Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand is launching a Pandemic Appeal.
- Pastoral letter to parishioners from the Catholic Bishops of Aotearoa New Zealand regarding the COVID-19 related suspension of Mass
Many websites offer daily reflections and prayers
- National Liturgy Office
- Pray As You Go
- Food For Faith
- Pathways to God
- Ecological Examen
Prayers regarding the pandemic