Prayer to guide our discernment of the Cardinal’s directive
We ask that you guide and help us consider the future
of our churches and presbyteries within the Parish of Te Awakairangi.
Help us be mindful of what change might mean to our communities
and the impact it may have on individuals. Guide us to be a sound
judge of all situations that change may have within and across our Parish.
Open our hearts to ensure our thoughts, words and actions
are focused on building a stronger parish community that supports
and provides for the Pastoral Care of all peoples in our Parish.
We thank you for your guidance and for being with us
as we discern the property needs of our Parish.
We offer this prayer in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ.
Information about our Parish
- View feedback from our initial consultation survey
- View feedback from our May consultation survey
- View feedback from our Church Community Consultation Meetings
- View feedback from Email submissions
- View the Discernment Presentation (PowerPoint version)
- View the Discernment Presentation (PDF version)
- View Ss Peter & Paul Presentation (PowerPoint version)
How you can participate
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide the discernment of, and how we might respond to, the Cardinal’s directive.
- Talk within your family, the groups you are part of, your church community and with fellow parishioners.
- Share any concerns you have
- Let us know what questions you have
- Share any suggestions / ideas you have
You can tell us your thoughts, concerns, questions, ideas by:
- writing them down and sending them into the Parish Office (or put in an envelope and place in the weekly collection basket) – mark your envelope for the attention of the Steering Committee.
- email the Parish Pastoral Council at email@example.com
- talk to your Parish Pastoral Council representative(s)
- complete our online survey